Sunday, July 3, 2011

Halfway and Bittersweet

It is sunday july second, I'm halfway done with the Tekoa CIT program and I'm pretty sad, I dont want it to end so fast....This past week was AHMAZING! I love being support staff, and I feel like I've really connected with a lot of campers this past week and nothing makes me smile more than seeing them run up to me and beg me to come back next year cause they want me to be  their family group leader:) Its unbelievable the level of unconditional love and trust children have, but it pushes me t have those qualities too. By the end of these four weeks I have no Doubt that I will be as changed as any camper who leaves Tekoa. This week's talent show had some wonderful acts, the other CIT's and I decided at the last minute to do a funny skit from the little mermaid, a reenactment of "kiss the Girl". As Aaron and I were shooting hoops we decided that it would be 10 times better if we both were in the boat and one of us played Ariel. That night, when the boat rounded the corner and the crowd realized it was me they erupted in laughter. GREAT TIMES. The pastor of the week, Brad Cunningham, loved star wars and therefore the BB BOYS skit was themed to match. The kids absolutely loved it also:) Friday i got the chance to go with two groups to Dupont State Forest, I CANT BELIEVE IVE NEVER BEEN THERE. We went to high falls, triple falls and hooker falls. We slid down high falls and that was by far the high light of the trip. One of my god friends was in the cabin with a certain group that had taken a liking to me and Aaron so that definitely sparked some interesting conversations and jokes. Apparently i smell like flowers and pine needles???
     This Coming week we will be doing support staff again, I'm on another porch but i dont mind cause it's cooler and mostly quiet. Over the past two weeks I've struck up a friendship with the "Garden Man" Alex, and since this week is Barnabus week and he is being a special friend i got asked to be the GARDEN MAN. haha i know it doesn't sound like much but im super stoked:) IVe got a lot to live up too though, I guess ill need to know all about compost and plants and I'll have to talk in a british accent. (I think with a little practice I can have it covered:)) We'll I will try to post again by wednesday but we'll see.... I hope everyone is doing great, Go' Bye Mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment