Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Mixed Bag

So it's thursday July 7th, and i cant believe how fast time flies. I am almost 3/4ths of the way done with my CIT program and haveno inclination to leave. Although my home is in Belews Creek I  have come to realize that camp Tekoa is also my home, but its different, it's my spiritual home. It's like the boat, in the middle of the storm, untouched, because Jesus is here.
     Since i got back from Lake Nantahala Ive been doing support staff roles, all exciting and to make it even better it is barnabus week so i have had the wonderful oppurtunity to work with autisitc campers. They have taught me so much, and their happiness is contagious. Seeing the special friends giving up all of their time to be with one of these campers is amazing, and i admire them for their unbelievable service. Britton and I had a garden group yesterday and I really wasnt sure how receptive the kids were going to be. Yet again, I was amazed, they actually had to be told that time was up and were asked to leave with questions unanswered. It makes me smile knowing that we as a community and nation have a generation of environmentally conscious  people coming up. LOOK OUT WORLD :).
    As I mentioned earlier, I feel like im in the boat and the storm is raging. Although everything is great here, this week has brought bad news. A friend from home lost her boyfriend this weekend, and his younger brother, victims of a drunk boating accident. A camper took a wrong step and ended in a pool below a waterfall, thankfully she was quickly aided by Aaron and recieved no injuries although it still shook the camp a bit. One of my best friends, is by his Mom's side, as she remains in poor condidtion after suffering a stroke. I;m thankful im in this boat, safe from harm, but that cant and shouldnt stop me and anyone else from giving their all in prayer. Pray for them all, and i pray that anyone suffering in anyway realizes that whether they are in the boat or in the storm, safe or suffering, God is there. He never leaves, no matter what.
    I'm going to end by saying that this time at Tekoa is changing me, has changed me and is going to change me some more:) and im ok with that. Before i left for camp my Youth pastor Tom  gave me a challenge, I dont think he realized it but he did. he said to us one day, " pray to God, ask him to take control, let him turn your life upside down, take you in directions you never intended". When i heard that at first i brushed it off, a feat that i could not manage, control.... i cant give it up. But 3 weeks ago I found myseld sitting in my sanctuary alone, and it hit me, I was never in control and never will be, any time i spend trying to be is a futile attempt and any goal i have in life is subpar to what God has planned for me.

                     I'll try to post again soon, Chastan

P.S. Pray

No comments:

Post a Comment