Sunday, March 11, 2012

Is anyone there?

High School is riddled with its climaxes and rock bottoms. We face adversity every move we make. Someone tells me I'm not good enough, not strong enough, not rich enough and even not poor enough almost every day. I'm pretty sure that alot of the difficulties I face on a day to day basis are unnecessary but no matter what I do they still occur. That is just life. BUT the point of difference occurs when we decide how to face the adveristy. Courage is needed, fearlessness is necessary and hope is vital. These three traits can not be mistaken with the lack of fear or overshot optimism. To have courage, hope and to be fearless means facing your "Goliath", being scared, and then..... not running away, but pulling back the chords of the sling-shot. The second easy mistake to make in facing our adversaries is to believe that these traits are solely created by ourselves. That is a lie. David didn't face Goliath alone, he had God on his side. God gave him the courage he needed, the fearlessness, the hope.
    As we face our everyday challenges we need to call on the strength and help of God. We need to place our trust in our creator, because ALL THINGS happen through HIM.
Also, I am a strong believer in wingless angels, those people in our lives who stand up for us no matter what. My parents, my church family, my family, my friends.These people have a purpose to fill in our lives, just like we have a purpose in theirs. There's a saying that "Friends are the family you get to Pick." Choose friends that encourage you, help you grow, support you and love you in the best and worst of times. In return, be that friend to them also.

Here's a verse I really like, plus it's my favorite number...
Proverbs 17:17
Go check It out.

No comments:

Post a Comment